If your marriage isn’t great it can be tempting to think . . .
There’s nothing wrong with me – it’s obvious the problems we are facing are all my partner’s fault!”
As natural this thinking is to most of us, statistics show that if your first marriage fails there is a high risk your next marriage will fail as well!
Did you know? . . . Just like learning to drive a car, there are people skills anyone can learn that will help you command more authority & respect in your home?
- Do you know how to handle insults, put downs and slights?
- Can you admit it when you were wrong?
- Do you know what your anger and jealousy are signalling?
- Do you know how to build lasting bonds with people you want close?
A great marriage is not a role of the dice
The chemistry has to be there, sure, but once you get to know each other, it will be your own ability to build connection, set real boundaries and challenge your partner, that will determine if your relationship stands the test of time . . .
The good news is all of these emotional competencies can be taught and learned. Better yet, research shows that you are never too old; learning these skills actually gets easier the older we are.
It’s sad that many people only find us once into their 2nd or 3rd failing marriage; We help these people sure, but how bad do you think they feel when they discover correcting their mistakes earlier could have saved their first marriage instead of their third?
What is the next skill you are going to learn?
If you want to learn to drive a car, you need practice, but you also need instruction from someone who knows how to drive. Learning better relationship skills is the same but it won’t happen from sitting around talking about your past!
Just like learning to drive, learning better relationship skills will take practice and encouragement and someone to show you the way. For this reason reading a book once (and then leaving it on the shelf) won’t help. That is why along side our eBooks we have an extensive knowledge base and membership site. All of this is there for you to access at any time of the day, from the privacy of your own home!
Steve and I look forward to introducing you to our online resources to get you started. Maybe you don’t realize it yet but you may have already learned more than you might think!
- To get started choose the purple or orange button on the front page of this website HERE. Soon after you will be asked to join our mailing list to gain access to our free intro tutorial. There is no obligation to buy anything and you will learn more in this tutorial than you do in many relationship advice books.
- If you decide to purchase one of our introductory packages that you will be offered at the end of the tutorial – just follow the prompts and a day or so later you will be invited to join our members area online.
- If you have already worked through the exercises in our Love Safety Net Workbook and you decide you want personal assistance – you can purchase private mentoring with Kim Cooper HERE!