If your marriage isn’t great it can be tempting to think;
“There’s nothing wrong with me – it’s obvious the problems we are facing are all my partner’s fault.”
As natural as this thinking is to most of us, statistics show that if your first marriage fails, there is a high risk, your next marriage will fail as well.
Did you know—just like learning to drive a car—there are people skills anyone can learn that will help you command more authority & respect in your home?
- Do you know how to handle insults, put-downs and slights?
- Can you admit it when you were wrong?
- Do you know what your anger and jealousy are signalling?
- Do you know how to build lasting bonds with people you want close?
A great marriage is not a role of the dice
The chemistry has to be there, sure, but once you get to know each other, it will be your ability to build connection, set real boundaries and challenge your partner, that will determine if your relationship will stand the test of time.
The good news is that all of these emotional competencies can be taught and learned. Better yet, research shows that you are never too old; learning these skills gets easier the older we are.
~ Select any text on this page to see our share on Twitter and Facebook function ~
It’s sad that many people only find us once into their 2nd or 3rd failing marriage; We help these people sure, but how do you think they feel when they discover correcting their mistakes earlier could have saved their first marriage instead of their third?
What is the next skill you are going to learn?
If you want to learn to drive a car, you need practice, but you also need instruction from someone who knows how to drive. Learning better relationship skills is the same, but it won’t happen from sitting around talking about your past!
Just like learning to drive, learning better relationship skills will take practice and encouragement, and someone to show you the way. For this reason, reading a book once (and then leaving it on the shelf) won’t help. That is why, alongside our eBooks, we have an extensive knowledge base and membership site. All of this in easy reach, at any time of the day, from the privacy of your own home!
Steve and I look forward to introducing you to our online resources to get you started. Maybe you don’t realize it yet, but you may have already learned more than you think!
- To get started, choose the purple or orange button on the front page of this website HERE you will then be asked to join our mailing list to gain access to the free introduction to our online tutorial. You will learn more in this tutorial than you do in many relationship advice books. The introduction movie is free and the tutorial itself only $2!
- Purchasing access to the tutorial will also make you eligible for specials our books and audios that will be offered to you at the end of the tutorial. A day or so after purchasing any one of these specials, you will receive an invitation to join our online member’s area.
- If you have worked through the exercises in our Love Safety Net Workbook and you decide you want personal assistance—you can purchase private mentoring with Kim Cooper HERE.