If you are living with a codependent partner, you may recognise some of these signs of codependency in your marriage:
Insensitive to Your Needs
- Does your partner always want to talk about your relationship when you would rather be doing something else?
- Are they always criticising you and claiming you are responsible for their unhappiness?
- Do they expect you to make them happy, not noticing that you are not happy either?
- Do they complain about you to their friends and your children?
- If you don’t care for your partner—in all the ways they want you to—do they say something is wrong with you?
- They expect things from you that you really don’t know how to give?
- Do they claim you are heartless if you don’t put their needs before your own?
- They expect you to guess what they need and get upset and angry when you don’t?
- Do they do things for you that you really don’t ask for or want—but then get upset when you don’t give something in return?
- Is your partner often emotional, moody or sick and expecting you to care about them more than you do?
- Does your partner expect you to do things for them that you find surprising for an adult to need?
~ Select any text on this page to see our share on Twitter and Facebook function ~
“Without meaning to, a codependent partner can suck all of the life out of a relationship by acting like their happiness depends entirely on you.”
You may want to purchase “10 Steps to Overcome Codependence” as a gift for your partner and then click on the logo that says The NC Marriage at the top of this page and go back to the start to check if you have a narcissistic view on marriage or direct them to the page here:
Are you ready to end the fights?
Learn the 3 bad habits—most codependents do every day
that will eventually destroy your marriage