Narcissism is only one side of the dance.
It is much easier to blame your partner, but can you face the 6 signs of your codependency in yourself?
▢ Low Self Esteem
- You need the support and approval of other people to feel good about yourself and move forward with your plans and goals?
- Your happiness and ability to work towards your goals are closely tied to what your spouse thinks of you?
▢ Low Self Love and Personal Care
- Have you suffered from an illness that was perhaps psychosomatic; where you became sick because you believed you were not getting enough love and attention?
- Do you long for a ‘hero’ to save you?
- You spend your life waiting for your partner to call?
▢ Lack of Personal Responsibility
- You avoid facing your addictions and instead blame them on your mother, father, husband, wife or children’s bad behaviour?
- You are emotionally demanding—using moods to get your partner to give you love? i.e. “I am sad, so you should take care of me!”
- Do you often feel your marriage partner has stolen—and is hence responsible for—your happiness?
▢ Misplaced Responsibility
- You feel responsible for your husband or wife’s negative feelings?
- If someone is upset with you saying, “No” to them—even when they are not around—you find it difficult to stay focused on your own life and goals?
▢ You Expect Others to Read Your Mind
- Do you believe someone guessing your needs is a sign of love?
- Have you expected support from your partner without asking?
▢ Misplaced Trust
- Have you expected people in your life to play fair when you have no good reason to trust them?
~ Select any text on this page to see our share on Twitter and Facebook function ~
If you would like to address the signs of your codependence, please begin with our easy to read book; titled “10 Steps to Overcome Codependence”. If you don’t have a lot of time, the steps in this concise book are an excellent place to start. Simple guidelines to shift your life away from this unhealthy way of looking at relationships.
If you have more time, I suggest that you sign up for our online tutorial and allow me to guide you through the steps in our program. This will also make you eligible for introductory specials on our eBooks.