Signs of Your Codependence
- Do you have addictions that you blame on the bad behaviour of your husband, wife or children?
- Do you find yourself expecting your husband or wife to be kind and play fair even after they have given you no reason to trust them?
- Do you need your husband or wife’s approval to feel good about yourself and able to move on with your own goals and plans?
- Are your happiness and goals closely tied to what your spouse thinks of you?
- Do you feel responsible for your husband or wife’s negative feelings?
- If someone in your family is upset with you (or in a bad mood) do you find it difficult to stay focused on your own life and goals?
- Do you believe your partner guessing your needs is a sign of love?
- Do you expect support from your partner without asking, and get upset if they don’t guess what you need?
- Are you emotionally demanding – using moods to get your partner to give you love? i.e. “I am sad, so you should take care of me!”
- Do you suffer from an illness that is perhaps psychosomatic; where you have become sick because you feel you are not getting the love and attention you need?
- Do you feel that your marriage partner has stolen your happiness?
- Do you long for a ‘hero’ to save you?
- Do you spend your life waiting for your partner to call?
If you would like to overcome signs of your codependence in marriage, please begin with our very short book titled “10 Steps to Overcome Codependence“. This is a good place to begin shifting your life away from this unhealthy way of looking at relationships.
Or join our email contact list and allow me to guide you through the steps in our program and become eligible for introductory specials on our books.
Either way working on overcoming these signs of codependence is the fastest way to improve your success in life and create healthier and longer lasting relationships.