Checklist: Signs of Your Own Narcissism . . .
- Once past the “honeymoon stage”, you find relationships become a depressing chore.
- You resent your family blaming their sadness, anger or disappointment on you, even when it’s your fault.
- You have trouble staying interested in the conversation when you’re not the one talking.
- You have trouble asking your partner for what you need directly.
- You crave attention and affection from someone who treats you like you are special (superior).
- You crave sympathy for being misunderstood and how most people don’t see how unique and special (superior) you are.
- You feel trapped in a bubble where nothing can hurt or touch you, but there is something that makes you feel separate from others.
- You long for a ‘worthy opponent’ to match or even ‘tame’ you.
- The thought of admitting your embarrassment at your own mistakes is horrifying.
- You are sometimes shocked at what the world expects from you and feel angry life isn’t easier.
- When people question or disobey you it makes you feel angry.
- You treat your spouse different in private in public.
- You sometimes wish you knew how to surrender.
While these symptoms are more common in men, both women and men can show signs of narcissism.
Your narcissistic view on love & marriage will not improve without finding the courage to first really look at these signs of your own narcissism. When you see how trapped and lonely this pattern of thinking is leaving you I hope you will decide to let us help you discover a new way of looking at life.
If you want to enjoy a healthy and deeply fulfilling marriage and sex life, I am sure you will find this worth the effort. Because if you ignore these signs – I know now that you will never find your longing for love fully satisfied.
Left unaddressed, this problem can lead to multiple relationship breakdowns, nervous breakdown, career breakdowns and may even see you on the street or in jail and your family disjointed and in tatters.
Signs of Narcissism in Your Marriage (scroll left to right) . . .
Classic, Despicable or Comic? 4 Narcissists from G-Rated Movies T oo often these days we…
Causes of Narcissism: Why it’s Getting Worse & What We Can Do Our Narcissistic/Codependent Society…
Narcissism & Bullying Our Narcissistic/Codependent Society In today's show we discuss some of the less…
No matter how gently you tip-toe around an angry husband or wife, ‘walking on egg…
"Do you think they saw our license plate?” Steve asked as we continued north bound along…